Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Kung Pao Test: Spicy Talk Bistro

Next I chose to go to Spicy Talk Bistro.  This place has a good name.  Kung Pao isn't the spiciest thing but I was hoping for a little sumpthin extra.

Spicy Talk Bistro16650 Redmond Way
Redmond, WA 90052
 
I ordered,
Kung pao chicken $9.95
Szechuan Wonton $6.95
Steamed Rice $1.50
Total Bill $20.15
Service: Average. 1 waitress/cashier.  Kitchen is not visible.  Rather large room restaurant style. Nice tables and chairs, looks clean.
Tea: decent. Steeped to a good level. Free. Not as good as Sichuanese Cuisine, but still good.
Initial bite of wonton was lackluster. The noodle and fillings were very bland. The oil/sauce they were served in was very tasty though.
 
Initial bite of Kung pao was alright.  A little sweet.  I was not whatsoever spicy. No peppers in it. It had celery which was ok, but nothing really to note. Too much oil.
Spice level: None. Anyone could eat this.
Ingredient quality: Meh. Standard quality take out meat. Wasn't great. Sichuanese cuisine was better.
Would I come again? I wouldn't avoid it, but I probably won't come again unless I wanted to try another specific dish. I definitely wouldn't order the wontons again.  I ate half the dish, saved the other half for lunch tomorrow.  Overall it was very mediocre and very slightly too expensive.  Photographs of some other dishes on yelp looked pretty good so there is a chance I'll come here again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment